Identity of Man Killed in Lake Ontario Crash in Oakville Revealed
Media reports have shared the identity of a 27-year-old Mississauga man who died after the car he was riding in as a passenger plummeted into Lake Ontario.
Halton police say that early Monday morning (November 5), a vehicle crashed through the barriers at the dead end of Maple Grove Drive in Oakville, crashing into Lake Ontario.
The vehicle was removed from the lake and the driver was taken into custody.
Later, search teams recovered the body of a deceased male from the shore of Lake Ontario.
Multiple media reports have identified the victim as Shawn Harpur.
27-year-old Shawn Harpur of #Mississauga identified as the passenger whose body was recovered from Lake Ontario in #Oakville. He was in a car that left the road and crashed into the water early Monday morning. https://t.co/um69XcCvXK— DR (@Media371) November 6, 2018
The driver is identified as Aaron Dobbs, a 22 year old man from Welland.
Dobbs recently obtained a position with Peel Paramedics.
“We can confirm that the accused in yesterday’s Oakville crash into the lake was one of our new members,” the Peel Paramedic Union wrote in a tweet.
“Our thoughts are with the families of those impacted. We are unable to comment further as the matter is before the courts.”
The accused has been charged with impaired driving causing death and refusing to provide a breath sample.
He appeared in court for a bail hearing on November 6.
- A New Highway is Moving Forward in the GTA
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Toronto Bound Due To Collision In Oakville
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Due To Collision In Oakville
- Suspect Arrested After Stealing Tip Jar From Tamp Coffee in Burlington
- UPDATE: Driver Identified Following Crash into Lake in Oakville
- UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville
- ROAD CLOSURE: Vehicle Crashes into Lake Ontario in Oakville
- Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Vehicle Crashing into Lake Ontario
- Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington