Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
If you create garbage or recycle items in Oakville, Burlington, Milton or Halton Hills, there’s some important waste collection news that you might want to know about.
True Blue: With the blue box you can mix papers, containers and bundled plastics in one box or use blue boxes that are 85 litres (22 gallons) or less.
The dimensions of Halton Region Blue Boxes are: 40 cm length x 51 cm width x 54 cm height (15.5” x 20” x 21”).
Remember, over-sized containers can pose a health and safety risk to collection crews, who manually lift the bins. Larger boxes won’t be collected.
You can tie corrugated cardboard in bundles no larger than 120 cm x 120 cm x 30 cm (4’ x 4’ x 1’) and place them beside your bin.
Just the Bag: If you’re only using a clear plastic bag, place all recyclable materials in them. You can mix papers, containers, and plastics in one bag.
Residents are asked to tie clear plastic bags and place them next to other materials for curbside collection.
There’s no limit to the number of clear plastic bags collected each week.
Blue Box & Plastic Bag: If you choose to use both, you can place your plastic bag beside your box or inside the blue box on top of loose materials.
Click here for a full list of acceptable items.
Do you recycle in Halton?
- 401 on-ramp blocked in Milton due to flooding
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Halton Hills and Milton
- Police arrest youth who barricaded himself in a home in Oakville
- Special air quality statement in effect for Oakville and Burlington
- MAYORS CHAT: Marianne Meed Ward chats about what's going on in Burlington - July 8, 2020
- More Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
- Here's More Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
- The Beer Store is eliminating single-use plastic bags in Halton
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Burlington’s Loose Leaf Collection
- Major Grocery Chain Discontinues Plastic Bags in Halton