Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
If you create garbage or recycle items in Oakville, Burlington, Milton or Halton Hills, there’s some important waste collection news that you might want to know about.
True Blue: With the blue box you can mix papers, containers and bundled plastics in one box or use blue boxes that are 85 litres (22 gallons) or less.
The dimensions of Halton Region Blue Boxes are: 40 cm length x 51 cm width x 54 cm height (15.5” x 20” x 21”).
Remember, over-sized containers can pose a health and safety risk to collection crews, who manually lift the bins. Larger boxes won’t be collected.
You can tie corrugated cardboard in bundles no larger than 120 cm x 120 cm x 30 cm (4’ x 4’ x 1’) and place them beside your bin.
Just the Bag: If you’re only using a clear plastic bag, place all recyclable materials in them. You can mix papers, containers, and plastics in one bag.
Residents are asked to tie clear plastic bags and place them next to other materials for curbside collection.
There’s no limit to the number of clear plastic bags collected each week.
Blue Box & Plastic Bag: If you choose to use both, you can place your plastic bag beside your box or inside the blue box on top of loose materials.
Click here for a full list of acceptable items.
Do you recycle in Halton?
- How Much Do You Have to Give Up to Buy a House in Halton?
- 5 Toronto Bars We Wish We Had in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Crash is Causing Traffic Jam on Hwy. 401 in Milton
- Here's How You Can Get an Extremely Cheap Big Mac in Halton This Weekend
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019