Instagram video leads to impaired driving arrest in Milton
Social media — specifically, a video posted to Instagram — has played a role in one of Halton Police’s recent impaired driving arrests.
“Shortly after midnight on December 24th, a citizen called 911 to report they had just watched an Instagram video that a third party posted of a male driver stopped in a turn lane facing a green light, slumped over the wheel,” police say.
The intersection in the video was Bronte Street and Steeles Avenue.
A nearby officer quickly found the vehicle travelling southbound from the intersection, going between 5 and 10 km/h.
The driver was stopped and arrested for suspected impaired driving.
“He was taken to a police station for a breath test where he blew double the lawful limit,” police say.
The Milton resident is facing two impaired driving charges. His licence has been suspended for 90 days and his vehicle impounded for seven days.
He is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, January 27.
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Pier 1 files for bankruptcy protection, closing all Canadian stores
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- Vote: Which sculpture should Burlington go with?