Interesting New Facts About Mapleview Centre
While most people know Mapleview is a great place to shop and dine in Burlington, few probably think about the hard—but fun—numbers associated with the ever-evolving (and ever more chic and stylishly designed) shopping centre.
Toronto’s Eaton Centre, Square One, Yorkdale, and Scarborough Town Centre are among the top 10 largest malls in Canada in terms of square footage. The largest is the West Edmonton Mall (3,200,000 sq. ft.), followed by the Eaton Centre (2,098,754 sq. ft.).
Take a look at some interesting numbers—and see how the mall stacks up against its local and national counterparts—below:
$895 - Mapleview sales per square foot
($1,653 - #1 Yorkdale Shopping Centre)
635,418 square feet - Mapleview size
(3,200,000 sq. ft - #1 West Edmonton Mall)
Anchors over 50,000 square feet:
Hudson’s Bay - 129,066 sq. ft.
Sears (closed) - 125,707 sq. ft.
6,000,000 - Mapleview Annual Pedestrian Count
(50,100,000 - #1 Toronto Eaton Centre)
2,861 - Mapleview Parking Spaces
(21,152 - #1 West Edmonton Mall)
The RCC offers a definitive “NO” to this question.
Photo courtesy of Ivanhoe Cambridge
- Extended Hours for Major Malls in Halton and Beyond This Friday
- Sex Assault Charge Laid in Incident at Burlington Shopping Centre
- Massive New Shopping Mall Expansion Set to Open Very Soon in Halton Hills
- Some Things at the Burlington Centre Never Change
- Why You Should Shop at the Burlington Centre This Holiday Season