Interesting New Facts About Mapleview Centre
While most people know Mapleview is a great place to shop and dine in Burlington, few probably think about the hard—but fun—numbers associated with the ever-evolving (and ever more chic and stylishly designed) shopping centre.
Toronto’s Eaton Centre, Square One, Yorkdale, and Scarborough Town Centre are among the top 10 largest malls in Canada in terms of square footage. The largest is the West Edmonton Mall (3,200,000 sq. ft.), followed by the Eaton Centre (2,098,754 sq. ft.).
Take a look at some interesting numbers—and see how the mall stacks up against its local and national counterparts—below:
$895 - Mapleview sales per square foot
($1,653 - #1 Yorkdale Shopping Centre)
635,418 square feet - Mapleview size
(3,200,000 sq. ft - #1 West Edmonton Mall)
Anchors over 50,000 square feet:
Hudson’s Bay - 129,066 sq. ft.
Sears (closed) - 125,707 sq. ft.
6,000,000 - Mapleview Annual Pedestrian Count
(50,100,000 - #1 Toronto Eaton Centre)
2,861 - Mapleview Parking Spaces
(21,152 - #1 West Edmonton Mall)
The RCC offers a definitive “NO” to this question.
Photo courtesy of Ivanhoe Cambridge
- 33-Year-Old Female Driver Charged After Travelling From Milton to Oakville at Insane Speed
- Victim of Burlington Shooting Identified As EMS Dispatcher
- Heavy Police Presence in Burlington Due to Active Investigation
- Heavy Police Presence Following Shooting In Burlington
- Female Pronounced Dead Following Shooting In Burlington
- Mapleview Centre in Burlington Recently Made it Onto This Exciting List
- Popular Dress Store Opens at Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Incident at Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Police Searching for Two Suspects Following Incident at Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Suspects Sought Following Shoplifting Incident at Mapleview Centre in Burlington