Interesting New Facts About Mapleview Centre
While most people know Mapleview is a great place to shop and dine in Burlington, few probably think about the hard—but fun—numbers associated with the ever-evolving (and ever more chic and stylishly designed) shopping centre.
Toronto’s Eaton Centre, Square One, Yorkdale, and Scarborough Town Centre are among the top 10 largest malls in Canada in terms of square footage. The largest is the West Edmonton Mall (3,200,000 sq. ft.), followed by the Eaton Centre (2,098,754 sq. ft.).
Take a look at some interesting numbers—and see how the mall stacks up against its local and national counterparts—below:
$895 - Mapleview sales per square foot
($1,653 - #1 Yorkdale Shopping Centre)
635,418 square feet - Mapleview size
(3,200,000 sq. ft - #1 West Edmonton Mall)
Anchors over 50,000 square feet:
Hudson’s Bay - 129,066 sq. ft.
Sears (closed) - 125,707 sq. ft.
6,000,000 - Mapleview Annual Pedestrian Count
(50,100,000 - #1 Toronto Eaton Centre)
2,861 - Mapleview Parking Spaces
(21,152 - #1 West Edmonton Mall)
The RCC offers a definitive “NO” to this question.
Photo courtesy of Ivanhoe Cambridge
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- A Big Change is on its Way to Starbucks Locations in Halton
- Part of QEW in Oakville Blocked Following Vehicle Fire
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Highway Lanes Blocked Due to Vehicle Fire in Burlington
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- Mapleview Centre in Burlington Recently Made it Onto This Exciting List
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Incident at Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Police Searching for Two Suspects Following Incident at Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Extended Hours for Major Malls in Halton and Beyond This Friday
- Could This Interesting Idea Help Revitalize the Burlington Centre?