Interesting New Restaurant Now Open in Downtown Oakville
There’s a bicycle by the entrance in downtown Oakville and an interior you’ll love.
Plus, there’s jazz with Sunday brunch.
A popular Toronto-based Mediterranean bakery, cafe, and restaurant is now open at 219 Lakeshore Rd. E.
Ricarda's offers up everything from flatbreads to the aforementioned weekend feast, plus dinner and cocktails.
There are plenty of vegetarian options, including custom salads.
The Quinoa and Spinach burger is a hit, featuring balsamic-glazed portobello mushrooms, pepper jam, and smoked cheese (there’s also feta in the burger). It’s served with a green field tabbouleh salad or shoestring fries.
The restaurant's Toronto location is on Peter St., right in the entertainment district and boasts a substantial food menu. It's best known for its upscale-yet-unpretentious vibe and vast array of eats such as quiche, flatbread, pizza, and wine.
The new Oakville menu is curated and early best-sellers include the Carnaroli Risotto with black truffle oil, wild mushrooms, aged balsamic glaze, and hibiscus sea salt flakes (I will legit try just about anything with hibiscus).
Appetizers include Coriander & Cumin Crusted Yellow Fin Tuna (with quail eggs, green beans, nicoise olives); Provimi Veal Carpaccio (arugula, truffle honey, feta, green apple); and a Candied Walnut Salad (which includes my favourite: figs!).
Healthy bowls are offered for the gym rats in your life: Israeli Couscous Mix; Grain Spelt; and Yellow Lentil & Chickpea Salad are among the choices.
For the carnivores, the Canadian Five Spice Lamb Shank features garlic mashed potatoes, heirloom carrots and cipollini onions. Then there’s a seven-ounce Grilled Flat Iron Beef with leek confit, nicoise olives, piquillo pine nuts salsa, and butternut milk whipped parnship.
Ricarda’s replaces Ristorante Julia, which closed earlier this year.
With its airy, brass-heavy interior and great service, it will no doubt satisfy locals who can never have enough fantastic Mediterranean eats.
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Driver caught going more than 100 km over the speed limit in Oakville
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with more cases appearing in Oakville
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington and Milton – Aug 18 - Aug 24
- Interesting New Restaurant Coming to Downtown Oakville
- Top New Openings of Early 2018 in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington and Milton – Sept 1 - Sept 7
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington and Milton – July 7 - July 13