Is This the New Ontario License Plate Slogan?
The wait may finally be over for Ontario’s new license plate slogan.
Sources on twitter say government sources leaked the new slogan; “A Place to Grow.”
Further confirmation that the leak may be legitimate comes from Mike Crawley, an Ontario provincial affairs reporter for CBC News, who tweeted; “The new slogan on Ontario licence plates will be “A Place To Grow.” The Ford government has been trying to keep it under wraps until budget day, but I asked Govt Services Minister Bill Walker today if this is the chosen slogan, and he didn’t deny it.”
NEW: The new slogan on Ontario licence plates will be "A Place To Grow." The Ford government has been trying to keep it under wraps until budget day, but I asked Govt Services Minister Bill Walker today if this is the chosen slogan, and he didn't deny it.https://t.co/EmIixE9rZk— Mike Crawley (@CBCQueensPark) April 9, 2019
Many on twitter have voice their opinions on the potential new slogan, with mostly positive feedback. This could be because the nostalgic meaning the slogan has to it for some Ontarians.
“A Place To Grow” is a line from Ontario’s unofficial but loved theme song; “A Place To Stand.” Whether this was intentional or not remains to be seen, but it seems very likely.
Another slogan that was considered by Ford’s government was “Open for business,” though it was never confirmed if that was the chosen slogan.
Many Ontarians have been waiting to find out what the new slogan will be, but they’ll have to wait for the budget meeting on Thursday for the final decision.
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington
- One city moves to eliminate bus fare; could Burlington, Milton, and Oakville do the same?
- Burlington restaurant named top 100 in Canada
- Halton police make arrest in Grill Daddy restaurant robbery
- Highway lane blocked due to collision in Burlington
- Here's What Doug Ford Wants To Put On Some Ontario License Plates
- Ford Government Unveils New Ontario Licence Plates
- Here's What the New Ontario Driver's Licence Will Look Like
- Premier Doug Ford Visits Burlington On Ontario’s “Open For Business” Plan
- Ford Government Planning to Legalize Tailgating in Ontario