It's about to feel like winter real quick in Halton
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement, calling for significant snowfall overnight through Saturday evening in Burlington, Milton, and Oakville.
“An approaching low-pressure system will bring snowfall to Southwestern Ontario beginning overnight which will spread eastward to the Golden Horseshoe on Saturday morning,” said Environment Canada.
“Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are expected. Some locations may transition over to periods of rain late Saturday. Strong winds gusting up to 60 km/h may also create areas of local blowing snow.”
The snow or rain will change to flurries overnight Saturday night, says Environment Canada.
Visibilities will be reduced in areas of blowing snow, which can make travel hazardous, as well.
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic