Kale Salad Product Recalled in Halton Due to Possible Contamination
If you have this in your kitchen, you’re advised not to eat it.
According to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), Eat Smart brand Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag Kits are being recalled from stores due to potential Listeria contamination.
The product was sold in Ontario, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and possibly outside Canada as well.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick with symptoms such as vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness.
“Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk,” the CFIA says. “In severe cases of illness, people may die.”
Consumers should check to see if they have this product and either throw it out or return it to the store it was purchased from.
- Beef Product Sold at Oakville Restaurant Recalled Due to Potentially Dangerous Bacteria
- Chicken Product Recalled Due to Potential Contamination in Halton
- Possibly Contaminated Chicken Product Recalled in Halton
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- This Product has Been Recalled Due to Possible Dangerous Bacteria