KFC permanently adding plant-based sandwich to menu
Good news for those who don't eat meat, but still enjoy the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices.
KFC announced it will be making plant-based options a permanent part of the menu.
The famous fried-chicken chain has announced as of August 10, the Plant-Based KFC sandwiches will become permanent fixtures to the menu at locations from coast-to-coast.
“When we tested Plant-Based KFC by Lightlife late last year, we sold over a month’s worth of sandwiches in six hours,” Samantha Redman, chief marketing officer for KFC Canada, said in a news release.
“Seeing the extraordinary demand for Plant-Based KFC, we worked quickly to bring these menu items to our restaurants across Canada," she continued.
The chain's plant-based products are made in Canada with Lightlife, a leading plant-based protein producer that has products available at retailers including Metro, Loblaws, Sobeys, Save On Foods and Longo’s.
“Lightlife is excited to continue on this journey with KFC, providing Canadians with plant-based foods that deliver on incredible taste and are more broadly available to consumers who know balance is essential to living well,” Dan Curtin, president of Greenleaf Foods, SPC--the owner of Lightlife, said in the same release.
“The Plant-Based KFC sandwich delivers the same great taste of chicken--but made with plants," he continued.
Additionally, while the plant-based sandwich will be available permanently, plant-based Popcorn Chicken will be available for a limited time while supplies last.
“Whether you enjoy a vegetarian or flexitarian lifestyle--or you’re one of our loyal fans looking for something new, Plant-Based KFC is a modern take on our world-famous classics,” Redman added.
- Fentanyl drug bust in Oakville largest in Halton history
- House of the Week: Rural Milton estate will let you live large
- New COVID-19 cases in Burlington and Oakville schools
- As provincial numbers skyrocket, Halton see 15 new COVID-19 cases
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- A&W launching plant-based nuggets
- Wendy's becomes latest restaurant to add plant-based menu option
- Do You Want To See The New McDonald's Plant Based Burger Come To Halton?
- Maple Leaf launches new line of products that are half meat, and half plant-based products
- This Popular Plant-Based Restaurant Has Opened in Oakville