Kitchen fire causes $150,000 damage to Burlington home
Published February 2, 2024 at 5:15 pm
Extensive damage has been reported after a fire ripped through a Burlington home.
Reports indicate $150,000 worth of destruction was caused by the fire on Appleby Line near Cottonwood Dr.
Burlington firefighters were called to the scene around 7 p.m. yesterday (Feb. 1) when smoke and flames could be seen coming from the home.
Firefighters were able to bring the blaze until control which is believed to have started in the kitchen when cooking devices were left unattended.
Those who were in the home managed to escape without any injuries.
Clean-up crews remain on the scene.