Kitchen fire causes $40,000 damage at Burlington home

Published September 5, 2023 at 11:26 am

Burlington fire grass roads

There were no injuries but an estimated $40,000 worth of damage was caused by a Burlington house fire on Monday night (Sept. 4).

Reports say the blaze broke out just after 6:30 p.m. on North Shore Blvd. near Francis Rd.

When the six emergency vehicles arrived at the scene they were confronted by flames and smoke coming from the home.

Three people were in the house at the time but got out safely.

Burlington fire officials believe the fire started in the kitchen when something cooking was left unattended.

“Cooking is the number one cause of residential fires in Ontario. Always stay in the kitchen while you’re cooking. Keep a proper-fitting pot lid near the stove when cooking,” the Burlington Fire Department warns. “If a pot catches fire, slide the lid over the pot and turn off the stove. Do not move the pan.”

 

inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising