LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Halton
Environment Canada is continuing to forewarn the public of some hazardous weather this weekend.
There’s a risk of freezing rain Saturday night (March 9) followed by strong, gusty winds on Sunday.
“Rain will begin late Saturday evening or after midnight,” the statement reads. “In areas where temperatures remain below the freezing mark, this precipitation could fall briefly as freezing rain before temperatures rise above zero.”
Roughly 15 to 25 mm of rainfall are expected before the rain comes to an end late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon.
Southwest winds of up to 70 or 80 km/h are expected to develop on Sunday and will continue for much of the day.
Residents are advised to travel cautiously during hazardous weather and keep an eye out for further weather statements.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Has your street been plowed? Find out here
- Residents extracted from scene of major fire in Burlington
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police
- Delays expected after train collides with vehicle in Oakville