LCBO To Open 150 "Convenience Outlets" Across Ontario This Year
There will be nearly 300 new retail outlets across Ontario - many opening this summer- that will sell alcohol.
“Whether driving to the cottage or running errands, consumers across Ontario will now have more places to pick up beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages. Our government is committed to delivering greater choice and convenience to individuals and families, and this expansion is just the beginning,” said Minister of Finance Vic Fedeli at a news conference today.
Ontario is allowing 87 more grocery stores across the province to sell wine, beer and cider, meaning 450 grocery stores can now sell alcohol. New grocers will be able to start selling wine, beer and cider starting in September.
The LCBO is also expanding its agency store program to approximately 200 new underserved communities. Around 60 stores are expected to open in August and 150 new locations are expected to open by December 2019. These new locations will now be called “LCBO Convenience Outlets.” The locations will offer a similar product assortment as LCBO stores.
“LCBO Convenience Outlets provide socially responsible access to beverage alcohol products from Ontario and around the world, and this expansion, along with the increased number of grocery outlets, is a welcomed opportunity to provide greater accessibility and convenience to our valued customers across the province,” said President and CEO of LCBO George Soleas.
There are still discussions underway to expand alcohol sales into corner stores, big-box stores and even more grocery stores.
“By opening up more alcohol retail outlets across the province, we are not only making life easier for people, we are enabling growth and job creation in the province’s booming beer and wine industry,” said Minister Fedeli.
- One city moves to eliminate bus fare; could Burlington, Milton, and Oakville do the same?
- Life-saving measures performed after residents call 911 on impaired driver in Oakville
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crazy footage serves as chilling reminder to drivers
- PICK A SIDE: Is there a war on Christmas?
- Even More Grocery Stores in Halton Could Soon Sell Beer and Cider
- Are Ontario Convenience Stores Ready to Sell Beer and Wine?
- Alcohol is Coming to Convenience Stores Across Ontario
- Beer and Cider Coming to More Grocery Stores in Halton
- Doug Ford Moves Forward on Plan to Sell Alcohol in Corner Stores