Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 160 total cases confirmed in Halton
The province says that over 4,500 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 150 residents have died of it.
As of 10:30 am on April 7, Ontario is reporting 4,726 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. While that represents a climb of less than 400 new cases in a 24-hour period, it appears that more people have been admitted to ICUs.
The province says 153 people have died of the disease, while another 1,802 have made full recoveries.
The province says 614 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 233 being treated in intensive care units. One-hundred-and-eighty-seven patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 81,364 people have been tested for the virus and 691 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there are 169 cases in the region as of 12:00 pm on April 7.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 169 cases reported by the Halton Region, 39 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 63 in Oakville, 39 in Burlington and 28 in Halton Hills.
The region says 48 possible cases are currently under investigation.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus in March.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic
- Province investing millions in broadband and cellular service for Ontarians
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 300 total cases confirmed in Halton
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 330 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, close to 300 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 150 cases confirmed in Halton
- 564 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 300 total cases confirmed in Halton