Limited visits, advanced registration needed as Burlington park proves to be too popular
Published May 12, 2023 at 11:10 am
The popularity of a Burlington park means that visitors arriving by vehicle this spring and summer have a limited time to visit and must register in advance to reserve a parking spot.
Although the rules may be cumbersome, the good news is that there is no cost to park and most say the visits are well worth it.
From May 20 to Oct. 9 parking reservations are needed on weekends and holidays at Lowville Park located near Guelph Line and Britannia Rd.
Parking reservations are necessary between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. and are available in three-hour time slots.
Visitors can book one spot per day since there are a limited number of parking spots available. This is done to allow as many people as possible to use the park.
Here’s how it works:
- One vehicle per reservation.
- Those walking or biking into the park don’t need a reservation.
- Visits are three hours long and include in and out privileges.
- Visitors will get an access code to enter the park at the automated entrance gates. Stop on the line so that the camera can take a clear scan of your license plate or use the bar code or numeric code on the keypad. This will open the gate. The gates will be left in the up/open position during weekdays when advanced reservations are not required.
- Vehicles must park in a designated parking spot. All other areas are strictly enforced tow-away zones. Violators will be tagged and towed.
- Vehicles parked in the lot exceeding the 3-hour limit will be ticketed.
- Reservations should be made before leaving for the park. There are no Parking Ambassadors this year to help with reservations on-site.
- Those who do not have a reservation can scan the QR code on the park signage to try to make one if any spots are available for reservation. Drivers are asked to move away from the entrance to complete their reservation and be mindful not to block the entrance gates or traffic.
- Vehicles with damaged, bent or flaking license plates can use the bar code or numeric code on their reservation for entry.
- Changes/cancellations can be made up to 48 hours before the reserved arrival time; the date, name, license plate and number of people may be changed.
- Late grace period: The City understands unexpected things happen. It’s ok to be a few minutes late.
Lowville Park is considered one of the jewels of the city’s park system because of its idyllic setting, large trees, and open space that allow for play, exploring and picnicking. Bronte Creek flows through the park which provides an opportunity for long walks and the ability to spot native wildlife.
inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising