Major Changes Coming to Burlington Transit Route
Some big changes are coming very soon to one of Burlington Transit’s routes.
An extension is planned for Route 6’s weekday route to provide better service to the new Halton Provincial Offences Courthouse and Dr. Frank J. Hayden Secondary School.
Starting Sunday, March 3, the weekday northbound bus from the Burlington GO station will be renamed Route 6A, according to a recent statement from Burlington Transit.
“Route 6A will now stop at Dr. Frank J. Hayden Secondary School and then continue north along Tim Dobbie Drive to Thomas Alton Boulevard,” the statement reads.
“Visitors to the courthouse may exit the bus at Thomas Alton Boulevard and Walkers Line for a short walk to the new courthouse at Walkers Line and Palladium Way.”
As a result, Route 6 will no longer stop at the following locations:
- Walkers Line at Constable Henshaw Boulevard (Stop #611)
- Constable Henshaw Boulevard at Headon Forest Drive (Stop #600)
- Headon Forest Drive (Stop #613) between North Hampton Boulevard and Constable Henshaw Boulevard
For more information on the new full route, click here.
Map via Burlington Transit
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Gas Prices Expected to Drop in Halton Soon