Major Coffee Chain Announces Huge Changes to Menu
Great news if you’re all about that natural life.
A major coffee chain is making some big changes to its menu.
Artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, and high fructose corn syrup are being removed from all beverages at Second Cup.
“We know that Canadian consumers are making more informed food choices,” said Second Cup president and CEO Garry Macdonald.
“They care about what’s in their food and drinks, and they’re looking for options they can feel good about.”
Changes to the ‘Clean Label’ beverages were announced on Jan. 4 and 25 drinks currently achieve the clean standard, representing 70 per cent of the chain’s beverage menu.
This includes non-flavoured brewed coffee, lattes, cappuccinos and smoothies, plus many signature products such as the iconic hot chocolate and white hot chocolate, vanilla bean latte, and moccaccino.
The company says it’s been “quietly testing the menu changes for months to ensure that the reformulation doesn’t change the great taste” of the beverages.
“We’re proud to be leading the Canadian coffee market in a move to Clean Label beverages,” said Macdonald.
Products that meet the Clean Label standard will be marked with a unique leaf-like symbol on Second Cup’s menu boards.
Customers can also search online for a full list.
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Youth charged with attempted murder in attack on elderly Oakville resident
- Major Coffee Chain Banning Plastic Straws
- Major Coffee Chain Shuts Down All Online Shopping
- A Very Unique New Menu Item Has Finally Launched at a Popular Coffee Shop in Canada
- Molson Coors partners with Hexo to launch cannabis-infused beverages
- Extremely Cheap Cold Drinks Available at Major Fast Food Chain in Halton