Major Highway to be Closed All Weekend Long
Do you have plans to drive into Toronto this weekend?
If so, you might want to re-think your plans and either stay in town or choose a different mode of transportation.
The City of Toronto recently reminded residents that the Gardiner Expressway will be closed in both directions for maintenance this weekend.
The closure, which is a generally a semi-annual occurrence, will commence on Friday, Nov. 2 at 11:00 p.m. and last until Monday, Nov. 5 at 5:00 a.m.
The Expressway will be fully closed during this period from the Don Valley Parkway/Carlaw Avenue to Highway 427/Queen Elizabeth Way.
The closure was initially planned for the last weekend of October, but was delayed due to inclement weather.
Residents should also note that a stretch of the 401 will be closed for some of the weekend as well.
Commuters looking to visit TO are encouraged to use alternate routes (such as Lakeshore Blvd.) or take public transit (GO Transit or TTC).
Alternatively, you could choose some more local activities.
The highway will reopen in time for the Monday morning commute.
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions
- Multiple individuals charged for impaired driving offences within Halton Region
- Close to 6,000 Milton homes and businesses without power
- Hamilton-raised theatre star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after months of complications from COVID-19
- Trudeau takes a pass on meeting this week with Trump, Lopez Obrador