Major Road Closure in Milton
If you’re a Milton driver (or you’re planning on passing through) you might appreciate the heads up about this road closure taking place in town.
It’s a big one.
The following roads are being closed by the Ministry of Transportation for a bridge replacement: Hwy. 401 at Regional Road 25.
The closure begins on Saturday, Nov. 18 at 7 p.m. until Sunday, Nov. 19 at 1 p.m.
The existing bridge is being removed so that construction of the new bridge can be completed.
During the full closure of the 401, the following detour routes, as illustrated, below will be used:
* Hwy. 401 eastbound traffic shall be diverted to the EB - NB/SB Ramp and the NB - EB ramp via the south ramp terminal intersection;
* Hwy. 401 westbound traffic shall be diverted to a ramp-to-ramp connection (WB - NB/SB to SB-WB).
Regional Road 25 traffic will be detoured using local roads, and these routes will have directional signs and police officers to direct traffic.
The following is the detour plan for Highway 401 during the closure.
You can e-mail 401closuremilton [at] millergroup [dot] ca for more information.
Map courtesy of the Ministry of Transportation
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Justin Trudeau Responds to His Picture in Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party