Major Road Closure Planned for Urgent Repairs in Milton
Residents should be aware of a major upcoming road closure.
Plans are currently underway to repair a culvert under Britannia Road, 450 metres east of Tremaine Road, according to a recent report from Halton Region.
The repair will include concrete works and asphalt restoration.
"Britannia Road is a critical eastwest corridor in Halton Region, and urgent repairs are needed at this culvert, to keep it in a state of good repair," the report says.
As part of this project, a roughly five-day road closure is expected from Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. until Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 6:00 a.m.
During construction, residents should be prepared for traffic delays at the scene, loud noise (work will be scheduled in accordance with local noise by-laws), dust and mud, truck traffic, and strong vibrations.
"Utilities such as Union Gas, Hydro and Bell Canada have already started to locate and mark out their existing infrastructure to prepare for this construction," the Region says.
Residents are asked not to remove these markers, as staff will return to remove them once the project is complete.
Construction is expected to be completed by April.
For more information on this and all other road closures, visit www.halton.ca.
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- Four Youths Arrested After Armed Robbery at Burlington Convenience Store
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist Dead After Colliding with Truck in Milton
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- UPDATE: Police Release Photos of Armed Kidnapping Suspects