Major Seafood Restaurant Opens in Oakville
Oakville diners can now experience a sea-to-table meal at a popular seafood restaurant without leaving town.
The Captain’s Boil has spread west of Winston Churchill Blvd.
A new location is open at 2501 Hampshire Gate, near Hwy. 403 and Dundas St., in the Pier 1 Imports plaza.
If you’ve never been, here’s how it works: First you choose your catch (crawfish, lobster, crabs, chicken, shrimp, mussels, etc.).
The next step is picking a flavour (cajun, garlic, lemon pepper, or a combo of all three).
Finally, you’ll select your heat.
(For those who like to research toxins, plastics, and so on … we’ve got you. The bags are used to mix flavours, so food isn’t boiled in the bags. The bags are “food-grade quality, biodegradable, BPA-free, and FDA-approved,” according to the Captain’s Boil website).
There are no table settings or cutlery.
“The ‘hands-on’ experience of eating without cutlery enhances the playful aspect of the dining experience,” according to the site.
“Our guests interact with their food and are reminded that food can be fun.”
The concept for the resto was inspired by Cajun seafood boil. That’s where freshly caught seafood is boiled and immediately served to retain its freshness and tenderness.
Asian fishermen who immigrated to the U.S. Gulf Coast in the ’70s enhanced the recipe for the classic Louisiana Creole crawfish boil by adding aromatics such as lemongrass and ginger, serving the dish with garlic butter and various Asian spices, according to the chain’s website,
It’s the first restaurant of its kind in the Greater Toronto Area.
Visitors are encouraged to “feast like a pirate and dine like a captain.”
Not to fret — your Kit and Ace outfit won’t be stained. They’ll give you pirate-themed bibs to protect your threads.
Photo courtesy of cfoodie
- Motorcyclist Wanted for Fleeing Police in Milton
- Suspect Sought After Woman’s Purse Stolen in Oakville
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Receives Nasty Backlash for Pride Cupcakes
- Road Closed as Crews Battle Fire in Burlington
- The Government of Canada is Introducing a Unique Strategy to Combat a Major Issue
- Popular Seafood Restaurant Now Boasts Online Ordering in Burlington
- This Popular Healthy Food Chain is Now Open in Oakville
- Milton Residents Advised to Boil Water Before Drinking
- Could This Massive Filipino Fast Food Chain Open in Halton?
- One-of-a-Kind Mohawk Harvest Kitchen Restaurant Impressing Diners Across the GTA