Major Telecom Company Suffers Data Breach
One of Canada's most well-known companies has fallen victim to another data breach just a few months after reporting that an anonymous hacker illegally accessed some of its customers personal information.
Now, it appears more customers’ personal information has been obtained by an unknown third-party.
Bell says fewer than 100,000 customers were affected.
“Hackers illegally accessed some customer information, including name, email address and in some cases phone number, user name and/or account number, for a limited number of Bell customers. There is no indication that any credit card or other banking information was accessed,” Bell said in a statement obtained by inSauga.com.
Back in May of 2017, hackers accessed 1.9 million customer email addresses and 1,700 names and active phone numbers.
It is not clear whether or not this current breach is related to the one that occurred last spring.
- Major Car Company Reports Data Breach That May Affect Over 1 Million Customers
- Thousands of 407 ETR Customers Affected By Data Theft
- Have You Been Affected by This Massive Data Breach?
- Personal Information Leaked After Popular App Experiences Data Breach
- BREAKING: Massive Uber Hack Exposed 57 Million Users' Personal Information Last Year