Major weather statement in effect for Burlington and Oakville
Some strong weather may impact your upcoming commute, says a recent weather statement from Environment Canada.
According to the forecast, the possibility exists for heavy snowfall starting tonight (Sunday, November 10) and continuing into Monday.
“A developing low pressure system will track south of the Lower Great Lakes and will bring snow into portions of southern Ontario tonight into Monday,” the statement reads.
“Due to lake enhancement, areas near the Hamilton and Niagara region have the potential to receive near 10 to 15 cm snow by Monday evening.”
Additionally, there’s a 40% chance of flurries on Tuesday and Thursday.
Residents should be cautious when commuting due to heavy snow accumulation on the roads.
- Has your street been plowed? Find out here
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police
- Residents extracted from scene of major fire in Burlington
- Upcoming teachers' strike to affect multiple school boards in Ontario