Major weather warning currently in effect for Halton
A snowfall warning is currently in effect today.
Snow, heavy at times, will spread across the region this morning, with total amounts near 15 cm expected by this afternoon, according to a statement from Environment Canada.
“Southeasterly winds gusting to 50 km/h will whip up the freshly fallen snow resulting in very low visibility at times in blowing snow today,” the statement adds.
The snow is expected to transition to showers or wet flurries late this afternoon or early this evening as temperatures edge above the zero degree mark.
Residents are asked to be cautious while travelling, as the rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult and may suddenly reduce visibility.
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Ontario set to release data on how many could die of COVID-19
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19