Major Wind Storm to Hit Halton
A storm is on its way and residents are advised to exercise caution.
Environment Canada is predicting a major wind storm this weekend, with frequent gusts of 90 to 110 km/h expected to develop Sunday morning (February 24).
“Very strong winds will persist through Sunday night and gradually diminish Monday,” the weather statement reads.
Snow is also expected on Sunday afternoon continuing into the evening, with amounts in the 2 to 5 cm range possible by Monday morning.
“Any fresh snow that falls will be whipped up by the very strong winds creating near whiteout conditions in blowing snow.”
Residents should be cautious, as the wind storm carries with it the possibility of low visibility when driving, power outages, and damage to buildings (such as windows and roof shingles).
We’ll update with more information as the storm approaches.
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Top 5 Japanese Restaurants in Halton