Man Arrested Following Armed Barricade Incident in Burlington
Halton Police have arrested one man following an armed barricade incident that occured in the City of Burlington.
Earlier today (Jan. 30, 2019, at 4:33 a.m.) Halton Police responded to reports of an armed male who was agitated and uttering threats.
Police went to 2445 Glenwood School Dr.
Upon arrival, police found an agitated 32-year-old male barricaded by himself inside an apartment unit.
The Emergency Services Unit, including negotiators, came to the unit to speak with the male and peacefully resolve the matter.
As a safety precaution, neighbouring tenants were asked to remain inside their units throughout the incident.
There was also a limited traffic road closure on Glenwood School Dr. between Glendale Court and Queensway Dr.
At 7:35 a.m. the agitated male left his apartment with a knife in his hand.
Police safely arrested the male who was then taken to a local hospital for assessment.
There is no ongoing associated risk to public safety.
The incident, police say, was confined to a single apartment unit.
However, the investigation is ongoing and charges may be pending.
Police are asking anyone who observed anything suspicious in the area at the time or anyone with information regarding this incident to contact Detective Jared McLeod of the 3 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2385 or ext. 2316.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland
- Halton Police in Search of a Male Suspect Following an Alleged Walmart Shoplifting Incident
- One Male in Custody Following Incident at Oakville School
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington
- UPDATE: One Male Arrested For Attempted Child Abduction in Oakville
- UPDATE: Police Remain on Scene Due to an Ongoing Incident