Man Arrested in Burlington Following Two Days of 'Reckless' Driving
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with what police are calling two days of “reckless and dangerous” driving.
Peel police say that on Friday, March 23, officers received a video reportedly showing a vehicle repeatedly driving through red lights and into opposing traffic lanes in southwest Mississauga.
Police say the video depicted a black Honda being operated by a driver “that showed complete disregard for the safety of all other motorists and pedestrians.”
On Monday, March 26 and Tuesday, March 27, officers went to the the area to conduct enforcement and allegedly observed the suspect vehicle driving dangerously with speeds in excess of 200 km/h.
Police say they were unable to attempt to stop the vehicle due to public safety concerns.
On Wednesday, March 28, officers—“utilizing numerous resources”—arrested and charged 53-year-old Kim Lui in the City of Burlington.
Police say the accused has been charged with three counts of dangerous operation of a vehicle, stunting and careless driving.
His vehicle was seized.
The accused will appear in court on Thursday, March 29 for a bail hearing.
Peel police say the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and Halton Regional Police assisted during the investigation.
Police are reminding the public to report instances of unsafe driving through the force’s Road Watch program.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact 11 Division Traffic Unit (905) 453-2121, ext. 1113.
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- Major Delays Expected on QEW Due Construction on Burlington Skyway Bridge
- Truck Carrying a Number of Bicycles Stopped in Burlington
- Milton Man Accused of Dangerous Driving After Police Pursuit
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway in Burlington
- Man Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers in Oakville Arrested
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton