Man Arrested in Burlington Following Two Days of 'Reckless' Driving
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with what police are calling two days of “reckless and dangerous” driving.
Peel police say that on Friday, March 23, officers received a video reportedly showing a vehicle repeatedly driving through red lights and into opposing traffic lanes in southwest Mississauga.
Police say the video depicted a black Honda being operated by a driver “that showed complete disregard for the safety of all other motorists and pedestrians.”
On Monday, March 26 and Tuesday, March 27, officers went to the the area to conduct enforcement and allegedly observed the suspect vehicle driving dangerously with speeds in excess of 200 km/h.
Police say they were unable to attempt to stop the vehicle due to public safety concerns.
On Wednesday, March 28, officers—“utilizing numerous resources”—arrested and charged 53-year-old Kim Lui in the City of Burlington.
Police say the accused has been charged with three counts of dangerous operation of a vehicle, stunting and careless driving.
His vehicle was seized.
The accused will appear in court on Thursday, March 29 for a bail hearing.
Peel police say the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and Halton Regional Police assisted during the investigation.
Police are reminding the public to report instances of unsafe driving through the force’s Road Watch program.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact 11 Division Traffic Unit (905) 453-2121, ext. 1113.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Justin Trudeau appears at campaign rally in Milton
- Milton Man Charged with Dangerous Driving, Fleeing from Police
- Milton Man Accused of Dangerous Driving After Police Pursuit
- Suspect Facing Charges After Driving Vehicle Onto a Milton Golf Course
- Police Working to Combat Street Racing and Aggressive Driving in Halton
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle