Man Arrested in Connection With Massive Avocado Theft
It looks like tens of thousands of avocados have been abducted from Oakville.
According to a recent press release, the Halton Regional Police Service has arrested a Brampton man following an alleged theft of a tractor-trailer containing $60,000 worth of avocados from a trucking yard on Industry Street in Oakville.
According to police, it is alleged that on Oct. 15 Harjot Singh Dhillon, 27, gained access to a locked yard by cutting a lock.
At this time, the tractor-trailer containing the avocados was stolen from the yard, police say.
According to police, the tractor was recovered in Etobicoke the day after and the trailer was recovered in Scarborough on Oct. 26.
Police say, the avocados were no longer with the trailer at the time of the recovery.
On Oct. 30 the Halton Regional Police Service arrested Singh Dhillon in connection with this incident.
The accused is facing the following charges:
- Alleged break, enter and commit
- Alleged possession of break-in instrument
This investigation is ongoing, anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau, Detective Constable Jeremy Civiero at 905-825-4747 ext. 2248.
Photo is courtesy of the Halton Police.
- UPDATE: 91 Year Old Man Dead, Investigation Continuing in Oakville
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Victim of Fatal Shooting in Burlington
- UPDATE: Death of Elderly Man in Oakville Deemed Suspicious
- Police on Scene for Ongoing Investigation in Oakville
- Police Arrest Teen Accused of Throwing Sign onto Highway in Oakville