Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
Police have made an arrest in a recent carjacking and kidnapping incident.
The incident happened around 1:57 p.m. on Saturday, November 17 in the plaza at North Service Road and Dixie, Mississauga.
Police say 96 year old Mississauga woman Marjory Thomas was sitting in the passenger seat of her vehicle when a male suspect entered the vehicle and drove away with her still inside.
The suspect allegedly drove to a bank and used the victim's debit card to withdraw cash before abandoning her and the vehicle in a plaza at Speers Road and Kerr Street, Oakville.
Halton Police arrested the male a short distance away.
Nicholas Forbes, a 30 year old male with no address, was charged with kidnapping, breaching probation, and two counts of robbery.
He appeared at court for a bail hearing on Sunday, November 18.
Police say Marjory Thomas was not injured in the incident.
- This Poop-Themed Restaurant is Coming to Oakville
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Police Searching for Teen Last Seen in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Possible Impaired Driver Stopped in Gunpoint Takedown in Burlington
- Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga Located in Oakville
- Male Arrested for Bank Robbery and Attempted Robbery in Oakville
- Halton Police in Search of a Male Suspect Following an Alleged Walmart Shoplifting Incident
- One Male in Custody Following Vehicle Crime Spree Throughout Halton
- UPDATE: Halton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old Hamilton Youth Following Burlington Robbery