Man charged after allegedly calling woman 200 times in one day: Halton Police
The Halton Regional Police Service laid harassment charges on an unnamed male who they say stalked a female.
The two were in an intimate relationship after meeting through an online dating app in the summer of 2019, according to police.
“Earlier this year, the female ended the relationship with the male after he attended her place of work despite her telling him not to do so,” said Halton Police. “The male then repeatedly attempted to contact the female by phoning and texting her.”
Through an investigation, police say they developed reasonable grounds that the male was criminally harassing the victim.
“In one single day, the male phoned the female more than 200 times, using both caller i.d. and no caller i.d., and even while the victim was filing a report with police, the male’s phone calls persisted,” police continued. “The male continued to send texts, threatening to attend the victim’s place of work.”
The male was arrested and charged with Criminal Harassment before he was released under a promise to leave the woman alone. However, the very next day, police say he sent a text to the victim and was subsequently re-arrested for Breaching an Undertaking and was held for bail.
The victim was reportedly referred to the Halton Regional Police Service Domestic Violence Victim Coordinator and connected to community support services.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Domestic assault incident with children present leads to arrest: Halton police
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington
- Arrest made after woman allegedly extorted for explicit photos: Halton Police
- Male Arrested for Bank Robbery and Attempted Robbery in Oakville
- Halton Police Arrest Male Following Alleged Romance Scam