Man Charged in Oakville Pharmacy Robbery
Following a Shoppers Drug Mart robbery in Oakville, a 31-year-old man has been charged.
A recent Halton police statement reads that on August 26, 2018, a man entered the Shoppers Drug Mart located at 550 Kerr St. in Oakville.
“A note was passed to the pharmacist demanding a large quantity of drugs,” reads the release.
“The male was provided with an undisclosed amount of methadone and fled the pharmacy on foot in an unknown direction.”
Justin Howitt, 31, of Oakville has been charged with teh following:
- Disguise with Intent
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking
- Breach Probation (2 counts)
Anybody who may have additional information pertaining to this incident is asked to contact Constable Samantha Coysh of the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2245. Please be reminded that all persons charged are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Oakville man arrested in connection to 2013 sexual assault case: Police
- Burlington Transit collecting bus fare again, adding services
- At least 2 more vehicles impounded in Halton Police speed blitz