Man Charged in Oakville Transit Bus Robbery
An 18-year-old man has been charged in an Oakville Transit bus robbery.
According to Halton Regional Police, on June 12, 2018, just after 5 p.m., a male passener on an Oakville Transit bus pointed a loaded pellet gun at another passenger and demanded money.
A recent police release reads that the bus was travelling westbound on Lakeshore Boulevard near Bronte Road,
Police report that a third passenger alerted the bus driver, and police were contacted.
According to police, officers responded, located the suspect on the bus, and arrested the suspect without incident.
“A search of the suspect revealed a CO2 powered pellet gun, crack cocaine, Xanax, and marihuana,” reads the release.
Police say no passengers were injured during the incident.
Alexander Bagh, 18, of Oakville has been charged with:
- Robbery with a firearm
- Carry a concealed weapon
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a controlled substance - Marihuana (under 30 grams)
- Possession of a controlled substance - Cocaine
- Breach of youth probation
- Three counts of breach of recognizance
Bagh was held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have any additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Paul Foley of the Halton Regional Police Service 2 District Street Crime Unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 2215.
- UPDATED: One Suspect Charged, Two Outstanding in Oakville Robbery
- Police Chase Oakville Man Who Allegedly Shot Vehicles with Pellet Gun
- UPDATE: Halton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old Hamilton Youth Following Burlington Robbery
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Police arrest suspect in Milton gunpoint bank robbery