Man Charged With Multiple Offences After Attempted Vehicle Theft in Halton
Halton police have charged a 29-year-old man for allegedly stealing a vehicle.
According to Halton Regional Police, on June 4, 2018, just after 10:50 p.m. police responded to an attempted vehicle theft at the Holiday Inn at 3063 South Service Road in Burlington.
“Police responded to the area and determined that the ignition to a Chevrolet Suburban had been damaged and property had been stolen from inside,” reads a recent release.
The release reads that a suspicious vehicle was then seen leaving the Quality Inn at 955 Walkers Line in Burlington.
The vehicle, an Oldsmovile Alero, was reported stolen to Brantford police earlier that day, say Halton police.
“An attempt to stop this vehicle resulted in a suspect apprehension pursuit which was discontinued for public safety reasons as the vehicle entered onto eastbound the Q.E.W.,” reads the release.
According to police, the reportedly stolen vehicle was found unoccupies in the parking lot of the Quality Inn located at 754 Bronte Road in Oakville.
Officers subsequently searched the area and arrested a suspect.
Thomas David Ryder Bomberry, 29, of Oshweken, has been charged with:
- Theft of motor vehicle
- Theft under $5000
- Mischief under $5000
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
- Flight while pursued by peace officer
- Fail to comply with probation
Police say they are seeking a second male suspect, (no descriptors available at this time) who is believed to have stolen a black Chevrolet Silverado 3500 with licence plate AV22010 from the Oakville Quality Inn parking lot.
Anyone with information on these crimes is encouraged to contact the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 Ext. 2316.
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Suspect Charged Following Series of Vehicle Entries in Oakville
- Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga Located in Oakville
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Stolen Vehicle Involved in Burlington Crash