Man Found Deceased in Lake Ontario In Oakville
Halton Police recovered the body of a deceased man in Lake Ontario.
On September 13, the man was located approximately 1 km off the shoreline of Lake Ontario with the closest land intersection being Maple Grove Drive and Lakeshore Road East in Oakville.
The male was wearing a red keyhole personal floatation device.
Police describe him as a white male, between 20-40 years, dark hair, 5 foot 10 inches in height, and approximately 160 lbs.
Police state that the man may be linked to a Niagara Parks Police Service incident dating back to September 4.
“A report was made of a male party wearing a keyhole personal floatation device observed in distress by a fisherman in the Niagara River near the Niagara Gorge whirlpool area. An extensive search of the shoreline and surrounding area was unsuccessful in locating the male,” says police.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact 2 District, Criminal Investigations Bureau, at 905-825-4747 extension 2216 or Crime Stoppers.
- Halton Police in Search of a Male Suspect Following an Alleged Walmart Shoplifting Incident
- UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville
- Halton Police Seeking Public’s Help in Locating Male Last Seen in Oakville
- Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Vehicle Crashing into Lake Ontario
- Police ID Burlington Man Found in Lake Ontario