Man in custody after prompting hold and secure at Georgetown school
A hold and secure at a Georgetown school has been lifted and a man has been arrested, police say.
Earlier this afternoon (Jan. 22), Halton police said officers were investigating a “developing situation” in the Delrex Blvd. and Weber Dr. area.
George Kennedy Public School was placed in hold and secure as a precaution.
Police say the hold and secure was implemented after officers were called to a residence on Delrex Blvd. Police say the situation was confined to the residence (meaning it did not involve the school itself).
Police closed roads in the area for public safety purposes but said there was no immediate danger to students or the public at any time.
Police say one male is now in custody.
“This situation has been resolved, and one male is now in custody. No ongoing related public safety issue. Roads have re-opened. Thank you for your patience,” police wrote on Twitter.
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen