Man With Suspended Licence Nabbed Driving Stolen Car in Milton
A 34-year-old man -with a suspended driver’s licence- is facing charges after a running vehicle was stolen from a Hamilton home.
The incident took place on June 22 at 11:44 p.m.
That’s when Halton police were alerted to a 2018 Audi that was believed to be entering Burlington.
Officers located the Audi travelling south on Guelph Line entering the eastbound QEW.
An unmarked police vehicle followed as it traveled to Bronte and Britannia roads in Milton, where it stopped to make a left turn.
Numerous police vehicles blocked the vehicle from moving.
The driver tried to flee on foot but was arrested after a brief struggle.
There had been no previous attempts to stop the vehicle, say police, and the suspect’s driving posed no risk to public safety at any time.
Officers searched the stolen vehicle, seizing a Conducted Energy Weapon (CEW) in the shape of brass knuckles on the front passenger seat.
The Audi had been left running when it was taken from a Hamilton home earlier in the day.
Marven Goudie, of no fixed address, is charged with theft of motor vehicle; possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000; resisting arrest; possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose; unauthorized possession of a weapon; three counts of possession of prohibited weapon contrary to prohibition order; two counts of fail to comply with probation; driving while suspended.
Goudie was held for bail
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2316.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Burlington mayor issues statement after concerns raised around Millcroft Golf Course
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- Police investigating theft of Canadian Tire in Burlington
- Oakville youth arrested for "swatting" incidents
- Top 5 places to get chocolate in Burlington
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Young Teens Charged After SUV Stolen in Burlington
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville
- Firearm Seized During Stolen Licence Plate Investigation in Burlington
- Suspect Charged After Vehicle Stolen at Milton Gas Station