Massive Construction Project Results in Oakville Road Closure
A massive construction project is the reason for a more long-term road closure that is currently in effect in the Town of Oakville.
According to the Halton Region Twitter page (@RegionofHalton), Sixth Line (from north of Burnhamthorpe Road to south of the 407) will be closed until April 2019 for ongoing improvements to William Halton Parkway.
These improvements, according to the Halton Region website, are in efforts to keep traffic moving.
The region is building a new transportation corridor - William Halton Parkway. The project, that started in December of 2018, covers the work happening from Neyagawa Boulevard to Ninth Line.
The new corridor will consist of a four lane corridor, 1.8 metre on-road cycle lanes, a 1.5 metre concrete sidewalk, a three metre multi-use trail, a new bridge over 16 Mile Creek, and new roundabouts (three to be exact).
In addition, traffic signals will be installed at a new intersection located at Trafalgar Road.
The Halton region is currently in Phase I of the project which, as mentioned, began back in December of 2018 and is expected to conclude in November of 2020.
Phase II will start in the spring of 2019 and is expected to be completed by November 2021.
The last phase, Phase III, will begin in the summer of 2019 and will tentatively be finished by the winter of 2022.
For more information about this project, including detour routes, visit the Halton Region website here.
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Halton Hills and Milton
- MAYORS CHAT: Marianne Meed Ward chats about what's going on in Burlington - July 8, 2020
- Burlington mayor and councillor propose mandatory mask bylaw
- Young Oakville man dead following incident at Balls Falls in Lincoln
- House of the Week: 6 beds and 6 baths in South Oakville
- Delays could extend Oakville's Lakeshore Road Reconstruction project
- Here’s What’s Happening with Construction in Milton
- Here’s How the Halton Region is Keeping Traffic Moving in Milton
- This Road Construction Project Will Add Connection from Oakville to Burlington
- Here’s the Latest on Oakville’s Lakeshore Road Reconstruction Project