Massive Holiday Christmas Market Coming to Milton
This holiday season, there’s zero need for you to visit the Christmas market in Toronto’s Distillery District (unless, of course, you want to) because we all know the west side is the best side and Milton has some uber cool festive events on tap.
This year, for the first time ever, Milton is launching a pop-up Holiday Street Market presented by inhalton.com in parternership with Philip Suos, the founder and director of the Junk Food Festival and Toronto’s Mac and Cheese Festival.
This will be the GTA’s biggest holiday market ever and there will be oodles of activities to suit a variety of tastes.
And the best part: admission is free.
“It will become Ontario’s largest authentic outdoor holiday market,” said Suos.
Running along Main St. from Brown St. to Commercial St., an estimated 242 vendors will be selling their wares.
“We’re expecting between 20,000 to 30,000 shoppers overall,” said Suos.
In terms of activities, attendees can expect a full street market filled with artisan vendors selling everything from gingerbread cookies to hot apple cider to one-of-a-kind gifts and crafts that you can’t get anywhere else.
There will also be food trucks, a carousel, Santa’s workshop (so the little ones can take pictures with St. Nick), and a fire pit lounge with marshmallow toastings (if that isn’t fun then what is?!).
Here’s something worth cheers-ing — a series of festivals within the market will be featuring many of our favourite things: craft beer, ice wine, and poutine.
“It’s going to be massive,” said Suos.
With an array of entertainment and offerings, “our approach aims to strengthen diversity, create inclusiveness and build engagement,” he said.
There will be live music featuring local artists, buskers, and free ‘how-to’ workshops teaching attendees everything from gift-wrapping to food and wine pairings to baking cookies.
The market is taking place along Main St. on Dec. 2, Dec. 9, and Dec. 16 from noon until 7 p.m.
Downtown Milton BIA executive director Rachel Shuttleworth says they’re thrilled to partner with the organizers of the Holiday Street Market.
“We are ready to welcome people from around the GTHA and beyond to see, explore and experience the charm and beauty of Downtown Milton this holiday season,” said Shuttleworth.
“Our wide selection of shops, restaurants and services combined with the vendors, activities and attractions of the Holiday Street Market will give visitors an unforgettable holiday experience.”
Vendor applications are now being accepted.
See you in Milton!
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Justin Trudeau Responds to His Picture in Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Burlington Won’t Ticket Drivers Who Give Money to Panhandlers
- Massive Holiday Market Coming to Milton
- Tens of Thousands Flock to Milton for Holiday Street Market
- Here's Everything We Know About the Christmas Market in Milton
- Here’s Everything we Know About This Huge Holiday Market in Milton
- All Vendors to Receive Refunds Following Closure of Milton Public Market