McDonald’s Canada Launches Exciting New Menu Item
Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, and fries ... these are some pretty classic menu items at McDonald's. However, if you've been wanting to change up your order then we have some good news.
McDonalds Canada recently launched an exciting new menu item.
Fish and chips, as of today (May 14), is now available at McDonald's locations across the country.
This menu item will only be available for a limited time.
"The meal includes a two-piece serving made with 100 per cent wild-caught certified sustainable Atlantic haddock, the fish is coated with a golden, crunchy batter and served with McDonald’s world famous fries and tartar dipping sauce," reads a recent press release.
The fish in the meal, as noted in the release, is certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) to be sustainably caught and traceable to an audited and certified fisher, and is supplied by High Liner Foods out of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
McDonald's first introduced this menu item in Canada's Atlantic provinces last year.
“After introducing fish & chips in the Atlantic provinces last year, we are very excited to expand the meal to the rest of Canada this spring,” Rob Dick, Supply Chain Officer, McDonald’s Canada, said in the release “Sourced locally in Atlantic Canada, it’s another testament to McDonald’s ongoing passion for food, as we continue to evolve our menu options.”
Last year, in just three weeks, 86,500 fish and chips meals were sold across Atlantic Canada.
Will you be trying this new menu item?
Full nutrition information for the fish and chips meal is available online at McDonalds.ca
Cover photo is courtesy of the official McDonald's Facebook page.
Graphic is courtesy of McDonald's Canada.
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Halton
- Tracks between Aldershot GO Station and Hamilton GO Station shut down due to protests
- Road closed for police investigation in Oakville
- Ontario elementary teachers plan new strikes in two weeks if no deal is reached
- TekSavvy files complaint against Rogers and Bell
- Big Changes Coming to a Popular McDonald's Meal
- IKEA Canada Announces Exciting New Menu Item in Halton
- Big Changes Could be Coming to McDonald's Classic Hamburgers in Canada
- Here's How McDonald's Canada is Supporting Charities Across the Country
- A Popular McDonald's Item is Coming Back to Halton and Beyond