Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville
A pair of Hamilton men are facing charges in connection with two stolen vehicles found in Oakville early Wednesday.
Halton police spotted the vehicles at the Monte Carlo Inn at 3:55 a.m. at 374 South Service Rd.
Officers learned that one of the vehicles, a 2010 Volkswagen Golf, was reported stolen out of Hamilton on Nov. 1.
The second vehicle, a 2018 Ford F-150, was taken from Burlington during the early morning hours of Nov. 8.
The vehicles were occupied by two suspects, police allege, and the men were arrested and taken to the Oakville police station.
Officers allegedly found a four-inch knife in the pocket of one of the suspects.
The investigation is ongoing.
Dexroy Bailey, 18, is charged with: theft of a motor vehicle; two counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000; two counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000; obstruct a peace officer; breach of probation.
Marcus Bienaime, 22, is charged with: theft of a motor vehicle; two counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000; two counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000; obstruct a peace officer; carry a concealed weapon.
The men were held in custody pending a bail hearing scheduled for Wednesday in Milton court.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Det.-Const. Taylor Dunn of the 2 District criminal investigation bureau at 905-825-4747 ext: 2260. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something, Hear something, Say something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- Multiple Drivers Penalized for Speeding, Street Racing in Oakville and Burlington
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 15– 21
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Halton Police Dog Sniffs Out Stolen Car Suspects
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- UPDATE: Suspects Arrested Following Vehicle Entries in Oakville
- Police Arrest Two Men Reportedly Looking into Vehicles in Milton