Messy winter weather expected to hit Halton
Just in time for the start of December, we can expect a messy mix of winter weather to hit soon.
According to Environment Canada, a strengthening low pressure system will bring freezing rain or ice pellets starting Sunday morning, transitioning to snow or freezing drizzle by Sunday afternoon.
“Light snow is then expected to continue through Sunday night before tapering off Monday morning,” Environment Canada reports. “Strong wind gusts up to 70 km/h and local blowing snow reducing visibilities are also possible.”
Some areas could see total snowfall or ice pellet amounts of 5 to 10 cm by Monday morning.
Residents should be cautious outdoors, especially when travelling, as the roads may become hazardous at times.
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Ontario set to release data on how many could die of COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Will COVID-19 affect Halton house prices?