Metrolinx reaching out to passengers of GO bus that carried coronavirus patient
Anyone who was on a certain GO bus is advised to reach out to their doctor or public health.
The incident is related to a positive case of COVID-19 that was recently confirmed in the city of Richmond Hill.
On Wednesday, February 26 at around 3:55 pm, York Region reports that an individual boarded GO Bus #40 at Toronto Pearson International Airport, Terminal 1, travelling eastbound (sitting on the upper deck with a final destination arriving at the Richmond Hill Centre Terminal).
On Thursday, February 27, the individual was tested and assessed at Mackenzie Health Hospital in Richmond Hill, and is currently in self-isolation recovering at home.
Anyone who travelled on GO Bus #40 eastbound on the upper deck may have been exposed to this positive case of COVID-19 and is asked to contact York Region Public Health at 1-800-361-5653.
Metrolinx Spokeswoman Anne Marie Aikins reports that the bus has been disinfected and Metrolinx is in the process of reaching out to everyone who boarded the bus.
We’re also working on expanding the use of a long-acting disinfectant/anti-microbial agent to more vehicles including buses. We had good results from our recent pilot on a 12-coach train. 3/3— Anne Marie Aikins (@AMAwithAMA) March 1, 2020
“We’re also working on expanding the use of a long-acting disinfectant/anti-microbial agent to more vehicles including buses,” Aikins said.
More information about coronavirus can be found at the Ontario website.
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 160 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- First Ontario-produced masks ready for use, Premier Doug Ford says
- Metrolinx continuing measures against coronavirus after reported case on GO transit
- Ontario reports new COVID-19 case, says patient had travelled to Las Vegas
- New case of coronavirus found in Ontario
- Ontario woman and her husband test positive for coronavirus
- Metrolinx bringing $10 Sunday Funday back this March