Milton Car Dealership Owner Convicted of Identity Fraud
A Milton car dealership owner has been convicted of identity fraud after registering cars in victims’ names without their knowledge.
Halton police began investigating in Dec. 2016 when a victim reported receiving traffic and parking offence notices for a vehicle he doesn’t own, honing in on Incarnet Auto Sales & Leasing on Lawson Rd.
Several other victims also had vehicles registered in their name without their knowledge, say police.
Search warrants led to the arrest of Jan Kowalczyk, 59, and his son.
Kowalczyk pleaded guilty on Aug. 24 and was convicted on several counts of identity fraud.
As part of the plea arrangement, his son wasn’t charged but both men surrendered their dealer licences and can’t obtain one in the future.
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Oakville Superstore Incident
- Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington
- Cauliflower and Lettuce Products Recalled for Possible Contamination in Halton
- UPDATE: Suspicious Male in Campbellville Area Identified
- Halton’s Weekly Weather Forecast – Dec. 17 – Dec. 23