Milton drivers should expect plenty of delays on local roads this summer
Published May 1, 2023 at 4:23 pm
Milton drivers should be prepared for plenty of delays around town this summer.
The Town is offering residents tips for dealing with summer construction season to deal with any inconvenience.
The annual asphalt overlay program runs from May to the fall. Gazzola Paving Ltd. will be resurfacing several roads which will include partial or full asphalt removal, asphalt paving, localized curb and sidewalk replacement, asphalt sealing and reinstatement of pavement markings, where present.
“Residents are advised construction will commence after signage is in place. Depending on the length of the road, the time required to complete the full scope of work varies,” said a Town spokesperson.
Here are Town-provided answers to some of the common questions residents have about construction:
- Driveway access: Direct access to your driveway may be restricted for short periods of time. The Town will provide advance notice of any planned restrictions.
- Dust and mud: There may be increased levels of dust and mud near the work site. The contractor is required to manage these impacts.
- Mail delivery: We do not anticipate any changes or delays to mail delivery. We will provide advance notice if there are any changes.
- Noise: You may experience noise as a result of road improvements. We will schedule work in accordance with local noise by-laws.
- Parking: Residents may need to temporarily park on side streets when certain construction activities are being performed.
- Traffic delays: The project may cause traffic delays, lane shifts or lane restrictions. We will make every effort to minimize any potential inconvenience. Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- Truck traffic: You will notice occasional increases in truck traffic around the ongoing improvements. Please be aware and use extra caution while driving. Traffic control on site will be provided and needs to be followed by everyone entering the construction zone.
- Waste collection: Your garbage and recycling will continue to be picked up on your regular scheduled collection day.
All road closures can be found using the Towns interactive road closure map. Visit here.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising