Milton Hiker Dies Along Appalachian Trail
A Milton man has died while hiking along the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
Gerald Gabon, 55, was found on Aug. 20 around 4:45 p.m. by another hiker in Franklin County.
“He was an avid hiker, known to travel all over to hike rough terrain,” said Maine Warden Service Cpl. John MacDonald in this centralmaine.com article, adding that stretch is among the toughest along the Appalachian Trail.
Gabon’s death was caused by medical complications, say officials.
He was hiking alone.
Gabon’s body was airlifted by a National Guard helicopter on Aug. 21.
Image courtesy of Google Maps
- COVID-19 case reported at Milton school
- Plans to test for COVID-19 at Burlington's Nelson Arena scrapped
- House of the Week: Rural Milton estate will let you live large
- Closure of historic route will make way for Milton 401 interchange
- Health care association urging Province impose more stringent restrictions on non-essential businesses