Milton Hiker Dies Along Appalachian Trail
A Milton man has died while hiking along the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
Gerald Gabon, 55, was found on Aug. 20 around 4:45 p.m. by another hiker in Franklin County.
“He was an avid hiker, known to travel all over to hike rough terrain,” said Maine Warden Service Cpl. John MacDonald in this centralmaine.com article, adding that stretch is among the toughest along the Appalachian Trail.
Gabon’s death was caused by medical complications, say officials.
He was hiking alone.
Gabon’s body was airlifted by a National Guard helicopter on Aug. 21.
Image courtesy of Google Maps
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Police searching for missing Burlington man with medical conditions
- Opinion: Ford government exposes animals to more abuse
- Must-Have Gifts Available at MUJI in Square One This Holiday Season
- Pedestrian fatally struck by transport truck in Oakville