Milton Man Accused of Dangerous Driving After Police Pursuit
A Milton man is facing charges after allegedly leading police on a high-speed pursuit, ditching the vehicle, then reporting his car as stolen.
It all went down on June 10 at 8:41 a.m. in Milton.
That’s when Halton police responded to reports of an impaired driver near Trafalgar Rd. and Hwy. 407.
Witnesses reported a green Volkswagen - with a front tire missing - was being operated erratically and smashing through a street sign.
Responding officers found the vehicle and that’s when the driver engaged officers in a high speed pursuit.
Even though the vehicle had completely lost a front wheel, the VW accelerated to speeds estimated to be more than 170 km/h, say investigators.
Officers ended the pursuit due to the speeds reached, the condition of the fleeing motor vehicle, and the fact that they could identify the driver.
The vehicle was later found abandoned in Mississauga.
Shortly after the vehicle was recovered, the registered owner called Halton police to report the vehicle stolen.
The caller said he was at a Milton hotel and police met him there.
Officers involved in the original pursuit went to take the report.
The man was identified by police as the fleeing driver and he was arrested without incident.
Dave Simpson, 23, is facing charges including: dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, flight from police, and fail to remain at the scene of an accident.
He was released on a promise to appear and an undertaking.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Const. Emil Olejarski at 1 District: 905-825-4747 ext. 2405.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Multiple Collisions Prompting Road Closure in Oakville
- Milton Man Dead After Fatal Crash in Oakville
- Police Warn Residents to Beware of Serious and Ongoing Taxi Scam in Halton
- Check if Your Street Has Been Snow Plowed in Burlington
- Major Delays Caused After Transport Truck Rolls into Ditch in Milton
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Police Hunt Suspect After Break-In, High-Speed Chase in Milton
- Driver Flees After Striking Police Vehicle in Burlington
- Accused Impaired Driver Charged After SUV Nearly Hits Police Cruiser in Milton
- One Male in Custody Following Vehicle Crime Spree Throughout Halton