Milton Man Accused of Dangerous Driving After Police Pursuit
A Milton man is facing charges after allegedly leading police on a high-speed pursuit, ditching the vehicle, then reporting his car as stolen.
It all went down on June 10 at 8:41 a.m. in Milton.
That’s when Halton police responded to reports of an impaired driver near Trafalgar Rd. and Hwy. 407.
Witnesses reported a green Volkswagen - with a front tire missing - was being operated erratically and smashing through a street sign.
Responding officers found the vehicle and that’s when the driver engaged officers in a high speed pursuit.
Even though the vehicle had completely lost a front wheel, the VW accelerated to speeds estimated to be more than 170 km/h, say investigators.
Officers ended the pursuit due to the speeds reached, the condition of the fleeing motor vehicle, and the fact that they could identify the driver.
The vehicle was later found abandoned in Mississauga.
Shortly after the vehicle was recovered, the registered owner called Halton police to report the vehicle stolen.
The caller said he was at a Milton hotel and police met him there.
Officers involved in the original pursuit went to take the report.
The man was identified by police as the fleeing driver and he was arrested without incident.
Dave Simpson, 23, is facing charges including: dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, flight from police, and fail to remain at the scene of an accident.
He was released on a promise to appear and an undertaking.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Const. Emil Olejarski at 1 District: 905-825-4747 ext. 2405.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Overnight Stabbing in Burlington Sends Victim to Hospital
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- Police Investigating After Altercation Leads to Stabbing in Oakville
- Victim Identified in Suspicious Death Investigation in Oakville
- Suspect in Custody Following Sudden Death in Oakville
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Police Hunt Suspect After Break-In, High-Speed Chase in Milton
- Suspect Facing Charges After Driving Vehicle Onto a Milton Golf Course
- PHOTOS: Allegedly Impaired Driver's Vehicle Destroyed in Halton Hills
- Milton Man Charged with Dangerous Driving, Fleeing from Police