Milton man becomes instant millionaire with LOTTO 6/49
Subramaniam Jeyakumaran of Milton won the $25,470,952.30 jackpot from the Oct. 9, LOTTO 6/49 draw.
“I play LOTTO 6/49 and LOTTO MAX occasionally,” shared Subramaniam, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to claim his prize. “I’ve only won small lottery prizes in the past - a Free Ticket here and there and maybe $20 once in a while - but I have won some good items, for example a tablet, through raffles at work. My brother calls me a lucky guy.”
On the evening after the draw, Subramaniam checked his ticket on the OLG Lottery App. “I was multi-tasking and not really paying attention but then I heard that particular winning sound and I saw a lot of numbers on the screen. I double-checked my ticket against the numbers online and when I confirmed my win I was up and jumping!”
The I.T. professional says he plans to travel the world with his windfall, “New Zealand and Australia are first on my list.”
Subramaniam added that he no immediate plans to quit his job, “I plan to keep working in some sort of capacity but I’m still thinking about what that will look like.”
The winning ticket was purchased at Erin Mills Town Centre Lottery Centre on Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga.
(Photo courtesy of Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission)
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Residents can sign up for Canada Emergency Response Benefit starting this week