Milton Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Crash
A 31-year-old Milton man is facing impaired driving charges in connection with a fiery overnight crash which killed a man in Mississauga early Thursday.
The two-vehicle crash involving a SUV and car took place at Bristol Rd. and Mavis Rd. at 1:13 a.m.
Emergency crews raced to the scene, finding a vehicle which flipped over and caught fire with two males trapped inside.
“One occupant was transported to trauma centre with life-threatening injuries,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
He’s currently listed in critical condition.
The second male, 66, from Mississauga, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was the passenger in the SUV.
The male driver of the car was transported to local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
He’s now being charged with impaired operation cause bodily harm, impaired operation cause death, and possession of a controlled substance.
Azar Sheikh is scheduled to appear in Brampton court for a bail hearing today.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident or who may have information regarding the actions of the drivers prior to the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to phone the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Some landlords choosing to evict commercial tenants rather than apply for government aid
- Halton police appeal to public after multiple drive-by shots fired in Oakville
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers