Milton man charged in prison overdose death
A male inmate at Maplehurst Correctional Complex in Milton has been charged with manslaughter.
30-year-old Michael Fournier of Cambridge is accused of having a role in the fentanyl and carfentanil overdoses of six fellow inmates on May 7, 2019—one of which died in hospital.
“As a result of a lengthy investigation conducted by Homicide detectives with the Halton Regional Police Service, with support from the Coroner, Forensic Pathology and the Centre of Forensic Sciences, a male inmate at the Maplehurst Correctional Complex has been arrested and charged for his role in this death,” said Halton Police in a media release.
Fournier appeared in Milton Court Tuesday and is scheduled to appear again via video on Nov. 14.
Halton Police say no further details, including the names of the deceased, will be provided in relation to this investigation.
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Cyclist taken to trauma centre after being struck by police cruiser in Milton
- What's open and closed Canada Day in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- Traffic stop leads to assault with weapon charge in Oakville
- Suspects arrested after carjacking attempts in Oakville and Milton
- 1 Inmate Dead and 5 in Hospital at Maplehurst Correctional Facility
- Oakville Man Accused of Manslaughter in Fentanyl Overdose Death
- Oakville Woman Charged in Death of Child
- Mississauga Man Charged Following Alleged Drug Trafficking
- Milton Resident Charged in Connection With Drug Trafficking Investigation