Milton man charged in prison overdose death
A male inmate at Maplehurst Correctional Complex in Milton has been charged with manslaughter.
30-year-old Michael Fournier of Cambridge is accused of having a role in the fentanyl and carfentanil overdoses of six fellow inmates on May 7, 2019—one of which died in hospital.
“As a result of a lengthy investigation conducted by Homicide detectives with the Halton Regional Police Service, with support from the Coroner, Forensic Pathology and the Centre of Forensic Sciences, a male inmate at the Maplehurst Correctional Complex has been arrested and charged for his role in this death,” said Halton Police in a media release.
Fournier appeared in Milton Court Tuesday and is scheduled to appear again via video on Nov. 14.
Halton Police say no further details, including the names of the deceased, will be provided in relation to this investigation.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Road closed after vehicle drives off roadway into water in Milton
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- 1 Inmate Dead and 5 in Hospital at Maplehurst Correctional Facility
- Oakville Man Accused of Manslaughter in Fentanyl Overdose Death
- Oakville Woman Charged in Death of Child
- Mississauga Man Charged Following Alleged Drug Trafficking
- Milton Resident Charged in Connection With Drug Trafficking Investigation