Milton Man Charged in Sex Trafficking Investigation
A Milton man has been charged in connection to a sex trafficking investigation, according to Toronto Police.
Police say on Wednesday November 28, investigators from the Toronto Police Service Sex Crimes -Human Trafficking Enforcement Team, Halton Regional Police, and the OPP Organized Crime Enforcement team, executed three search warrants in Toronto, Milton and Chamberlain Township.
As a result, 31 year old Kalib James Rahi of Milton was arrested and charged with counts of sexual assault, trafficking in persons by recruiting/training and harbouring, trafficking in a controlled substance, threatening bodily harm, threatening harm to an animal, extortion, possession of proceeds to crime and more.
The suspect is also alleged to have forced two women to work in the sex trade, forcing them to abide by rules imposed on them by the suspect and turn their earnings over to him.
An appearance was made by the suspect at Old City Hall in Toronto on Thursday, November 29, Room 101.
Police would like to encourage all affected individuals to come forward and report Human Trafficking occurrences to the police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on the police Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and message to CRIMES (274637).
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
- Charges laid in Oakville labour trafficking investigation: Halton Police
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Three arrested after robbery suspects ram cruiser: Halton Police
- PHOTOS: Three people arrested after vehicle strikes police cruiser in Burlington parking lot